Dr. Chinna Moulana Trust - Objectives & Activities
The prime objectives of the Trust are:
- To conduct the Anniversary/Aradhana of Dr.Sheik Chinna Moulana every year in a fitting manner.
- To impart knowledge of Nadhaswaram music to the younger generation with a view to preserving the pristine glory of this Art form for the posterity.
- To globalize the importance and glory of this age old art & the instrument, which particularly forms part of the culture of our southern part of India.
- To provide assistance to deserving and needy students for pursuing and prosecuting their education in the field of Nadhaswaram.
- To help the indigent artistes of Nadhaswaram fraternity.
- Every year on April 13th the trust is conducting the Shradhdanjali/Anniversary of Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr.Sheik Chinna Moulana in a grand manner in Trichy.
- The trust is honoring one senior indigent Nadhaswaram artiste and one senior indigent thavil artiste on the occasion every year.
- Trust is presenting two Nadhaswaram music instruments to two deserving poor students learning Nadhaswaram music.
- Trust is maintaining archives - collection of audio CDs of great masters of Carnatic music for the benefit of posterity.
- Trust is arranging concerts every year during the shradhanjali function of Dr.Sheik Chinna Moulana.
- Intend to arrange Nadhaswaram concerts of young Nadhaswaram artistes at various places with the help of the local organizers- mainly with a view to Increasing.